Mothering Sunday is just around the corner! This year it falls on the 14th March, and whilst it might not be the typical celebrations we’re used to, we can still make the most of it and show all the love for our Mum’s.
Whether that’s your mum, step-mum, auntie or someone else who acts as a mother figure, show them they’re loved this Mother’s Day with a thoughtful gift. We’ve rounded up ideas on how to spend Mother’s Day if that’s in person or virtually and some gift ideas to treat her to.
Ways To Spend Mother’s Day
- Cooked Brunch – If you live with your mum or she’s in your support bubble, why not treat her to a cooked brunch whether that’s a full English, American style pancakes with all the toppings or eggs benedict with salmon, she’ll definitely appreciate having her favourite brunch meal cooked.
- Film day – Everyone loves watching a film and getting cosy on the sofa right? If the weather isn’t great let her choose a film she’s been wanting to watch with popcorn and snacks at the ready!
- Flower Delivery – Mums always appreciate and love a beautiful bunch of flowers so if you’re unable to deliver them in person there’s a range of services where you can have her favourite flowers to delivered right to the front door.
- Countryside walk – From the 8th March you can meet one person outside your household, the perfect time to have a well-needed catch up with the mother figure in your life. Embrace the outdoors and go for a countryside stroll.
- Experience Day – Treat her to an experience day she can use once lockdown restrictions have eased – Afternoon tea always goes down a treat or relax together at a spa day. There’s nothing better than spending quality time together.
You’ll always catch Mums getting straight into their pyjamas as soon as they can. Treat her to a new pyjama set to top up her collection. We think this foil lips print set is the perfect gift whether she wears them as loungewear or actual pyjamas, she’s sure to love these.
Discover more pyjamas here.
You can never have too much jewellery to accessorise with and it’s such a nice gift idea. We don’t always think to treat ourselves to new jewellery so it’s a great opportunity to gift a style that will suit her. Whether that’s silver tone heart hoop earrings or a silver tone oval necklace, you’ll find a variety of pretty jewellery to choose from.
Looking for more styles? Shop here.
Cosy Night In Pack
Complete her cosy night in with a new dressing gown and slippers. Comfort is definitely at the top of her list, so give her something cosy and comfortable to lounge around in for a lazy morning or early evening. We think this check dressing gown is a classic style she’ll reach for and think of you on the daily.
If you’re stuck on what to get her, why not opt for an online voucher where she can pick out something for herself from her favourite brand. You can never go wrong with a gift card!
Looking for more gift inspo? Head to our Mother’s Day edit for more.
Show us how you’re spending Mother’s Day using the hashtag #ThisIsYours on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, you might even get featured!