Finally, the summer is here and we are so ready for it.
We may not be able to enjoy it quite like we’d want to, but there’s so many ways we can still embrace the heat from home. It’s time to make the most of your garden, pull out your summer clothing and find inventive ways to get outdoors. Want some top tips? We’ve got some you’ll love.
Make The Most Of Your Garden
Bring the holiday vibes straight to your back garden. Whether you’re recreating a festival from home, doing a boozy bottomless brunch with friends on Facetime or simply chilling and sunbathing, it’s time to make the most of what we’ve got. Here are a few ideas for some back garden fun.
- Make cocktails and refreshing drinks. There’s no waiters serving us Mojitos by the pool today, make sure you’ve got plenty of ice in, it’s time to get creative and get making refreshing drinks. Think sweet fruity punches and homemade Margaritas – YUM.
- Create a playlist. Set the mood and pull together feel-good songs on your Spotify playlist. If you don’t want to make a playlist yourself, why not tune into Radio 1’s big weekend? From Friday through to Sunday you can listen to the latest artist perform live – we’ll be listening! Will we see you there?
- Buy a paddling pool. No beach? No problem! Why not invest in a paddling pool? Pull out your favourite swimwear and get ready to sit back, relax and get the best tan EVER.
Hot Weather Outfits
Dressing for summer is everyone’s favourite, is it not? Pretty summer dresses, comfortable sandals, flattering swimwear and light denim – love love love. Here are some of our favourites and how to wear them.
The essentials & how we are styling them:
- Swimwear. Bikinis, tankinis or swimsuits, whatever your swimwear go-to, it’s time to get your tan on. Don’t forget elegant crochet cover-ups for when you need a little coverage from the sun.
- Sandals. Open footwear is a must, think trend led chunky sandals, classic flip flops or a pair of cork heeled sandals and wedges, nothing says summer quite like these.
- Light coloured denim. Light blue jeans and white denim jackets, light coloured denim is our summer go-to. Coordinate with tropical floral tees or trousers for a pop of colour.
- Pastel coloured vests & pretty floral tops. Bring colour to your everyday wardrobe with soft pastel hues, bold prints and pretty details such as ruffles.
- Summer Dresses. Floral dresses, neon dresses, midi dresses, maxi dresses – is there anything easier than throwing on a dress and popping on some sandals? Nope. Summer dressing made easy.
- Accessories. Don’t forget the finishing touches – sunglasses and light layers for when the day comes to an end and the sun starts to set.
Have a Picnic & Enjoy The Outdoors
Now we are able to venture out a little bit further, what a better way to enjoy the sunshine than finding somewhere quiet and having a picnic. Good food, music and sunshine = the ultimate feel-good factor.
Join in on the conversation and tell us how you’ll be enjoying the heatwave the next few weeks by using the hashtag #ThisIsYours on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.