Valentine’s Day is going to be a little different this year. We’d usually be booking our favourite restaurants for dinner and drinks or a weekend away to celebrate. Despite this, there is still lots of ways we can enjoy Valentine’s Day in lockdown. We’ve put together a few ideas for couples who can spend Valentine’s Day together and also some ideas for those couples who sadly can’t. We’re here for virtual Valentines! It’s not ideal having to spend Valentine’s Day away from your partner, but we can hope that this is the only Valentine’s Day that will be spent in lockdown. We’ve got to make the most of a bad situation! Keep reading for all of our cute (and slightly cheesy) ways to spend Valentine’s Day 2021 and a some easy last-minute gifts for her inspiration…
How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day In Lockdown If You Live Together
Have Breakfast In Bed
- This is the closest we can get to a room service breakfast in a hotel this Valentines!
- Go full out with heart shaped toast and pancakes for that Valentines touch. Have a glass of prosecco in bed for a rare treat!
- Give your breakfast the hotel feel with a large tray, white plates and a rose if you’re feeling extra.
Recreate Your Favourite Date-Night Restaurant
- What is your go-to restaurant for a date-night? Recreate the meals you would usually choose! Really go for it, cook together and attempt all 3 courses. Set the table as if it was a restaurant. Get the candles lit! Feeling creative? Why not make a mock-menu, for the ultimate restaurant feel.
- Make cocktails together! Recreate your favourite date-night cocktails, see who can make them better.
- Not fancying cooking? Order in from your favourite local takeaway or restaurant if possible. You can still set the table and get dressed up! We’ve not had a good opportunity to wear a dress and heels for a while, so take advantage of the occasion.
Have A Movie Night
- Turn the living room into a cinema! Get all the soft cushions and blankets out, bring your duvet downstairs. Light some candles to make it feel cosy. Get into your favourite loungewear set for the ultimate movie-night look.
- Make some popcorn, get all your favourite sweets to recreate the cinema pick’ n mix.
- Watch each other’s favourite films or have a movie marathon with a film series you both love!
Have A Spa Night At Home
- Treat each other to a relaxing night-in. Get some face masks in. We’re loving hydrating sheet masks at the moment, with the cold weather drying out our skin.
- Light some candles, give each other a massage! Invest in some massage or essential oils to really give your night-in the spa feel.
Go For A Long Walk
- Wrap up warm together and go for a long winters walk. This gets you both out of the house and a chance to feel like you’re getting to do something for Valentine’s Day.
- Take flasks of your favourite hot drinks, and of course some snacks. This is a great option to do during the day, then in the evening you can come home and cook together or order in to celebrate.
How To Celebrate Valentines Day In Lockdown If You Don’t Live Together
Send Each Other A Care Package
- Seeing as you can’t give each other Valentine’s Day presents in person, send each other a care package with all of their favourite things. From snacks to cosy slippers or pyjamas.
- Make sure you open your care packages together on a video call so you can see each others reactions.
- Make the same meal at the same time as each other! Do the whole process together, deciding what you’re making, getting the same bits from the shop. Video call whilst you’re cooking so you can feel like you’re together. Still dress up, just to make it feel like an occasion! Even if it’s just a jeans-and-a-nice-top combo.
- Some chain restaurants are offering delivered cook-at-home kits of their own meals. You could both order one of these so you can get restaurant quality food, whilst staying at home.
- Send them their favourite takeaway as a surprise! If you know they’re not going to want to cook, arrange for their favourite dishes to be delivered. If you’re in the same area – you could always order the same for yourself.
Make Them A Playlist
- Go old school, make each other a playlist of songs that remind you of each other. We’ve got to get creative with our thoughtful ideas in lockdown!
Go For A Distanced Walk
- If you both live nearby, meet for a long socially distanced walk with each other. Try out a new route or walk somewhere you’ve been wanting to go for a while!
- Bring your own hot drinks and snacks so you can stay cosy whilst you walk.
Easy Valentine’s Day Gifts For Her
You can’t go wrong with sexy plus size lingerie for an easy Valentine’s Day gift! We’ve got a whole new range this year of the sauciest styles. Check out the Valentines Lingerie Edit. A new cosy loungewear set is also an easy win, they’re ideal for lazy lockdown nights on the sofa. Polish off her look with a new pair of fluffy slippers, this slider style are a must-have.
Needing more inspo? Check out the Valentine’s Day collection here.
How will you be spending Valentine’s Day 2021? Let us know! Show us your Valentine’s Day looks using the #ThisIsYours on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, you might even get featured!